SoccerIN Forum
Please login to view and post in the SoccerIN Forum. If you do not have an account, please register.
SoccerIN Forum
Please login to view and post in the SoccerIN Forum. If you do not have an account, please register.
SoccerIN Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the new SoccerIN Forum! Please participate in any of the below topics or feel free to create your own. To register an account, please click on the address book with the green plus sign below. It will require a username, email, and password.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
See what all changes are in store for SoccerIN. Click on the New Features thread for more!
Make sure you like SoccerIN on Facebook and Follow @Soccer_IN on Twitter. Who knows, you may win something cool!
Coming Soon - The schedule database will be online on July 23
SoccerIN will be at the NSCAA Showcase in Lawrence, Indiana July 20-21. We will have video from the event and photos. Come out and enjoy some soccer in the summer time at the Lawrence Soccer Complex

Who do you think will win?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dfuller
Admin
Dfuller

Who do you think will win? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:10 pm

This morning, I saw where someone believes Crown Point will repeat in Class 2A as State Champion in Boys Soccer. What team are you thinking for what gender? We would like to know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djssorts.com
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm

When do the preseason polls come out?

On the girls side I think that 2A might well be the year for Brebuef. I would have picked Columbus North to go far, but their top player is out for the season with an ACL injury, Guerin should be a tough team and seem to improve each year. Carmel have lost several players who will not play high school but they still have a lot of depth, and Noblesville will be strong. Zionsville will be strong also with depth. I would think Evansville Rietz should be the strongest again out of Evansville.

I think the biggest drop off will be HSE, they seem to have lost a lot of seniors, but I'm not sure what they have coming back.

Any word on the South Bend teams.
Back to top Go down
Dfuller
Admin
Dfuller

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 am

In the south on the Boys side, Washington is always a power, but they also have competition with Evansville North in their sectional. The Terre Haute Schools (North and South) are pretty solid. I will get a chance to see South when they travel to Vincennes Aug. 18. Northview is going to be improved, face it, 1 win last year for the knights with a team chalk full of freshmen. Vincennes lost some key defensive pieces due to graduation, but they still have offensive weapons Kyle Richardville and Eric Ramirez. They have moved Cameron Sandy (They did for the NSCAA Showcase in Indy anyway) to forward and brought in Andrew Becher. Jasper is normally tough as well, but their sectional route has them facing teams like Jeffersonville, New Albany, Jeffersonville just to name a few. Washington will play with a little bit of a heavy heart to start after losing a couple of young men due to a car accident last season, but that can go either way.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:44 pm

It looks like the Star has a write-up for the upcoming girls season. They have HSE looking stronger than I would have thought, and Avon listed as one to watch.

Still think Breubuf will be the team to beat this season.

Four of the five listed played at the Carmel preseason invite a couple of weekends ago. I know that none of the teams were at full strength, and know that Breubuf had no seniors there (well actually two for their last game) and did well with all underclass players. The only team not there was HSE.

Even though I watched all four teams play, without all players and because of the frequent subbing it is hard to say who will do what when real time comes along.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:03 pm

On the girls side,

Carmel beat HSE, St. Joe and Chesterton (who were preseason ranked 10).
Avon beat HSE and McCutcheon.
Evansville Reitz beat Mater Dei, and not sure?
HSE beat Mishiwaka Marian and Penn.
FW Carrol beat Leo.

Those are the top 5 per Indiana Soccer Coaches Association.

HSE plays Fishers Tonight @ HSE. Town Bragging rights and a move up the rankings if Fishers who currently ranks 14 wins.

There will be some good matches this weekend, notably Carmel vs. Zionsville (10) on Sat. am. @ Carmel
Brebeuf (7)plays Geurin (6) on Sat. eve. @ Brebeuf.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:59 am

In what I would consider an upset Westfield beat Avon 2-0 this week. Westfield also tied Guerin at the start of the season, but lost to Homestead last week. Congrats to Westfield for the win and I'm sure a blip for Avon although they find themselves in the hole and will need favorable results against Zionsville and Noblesville to win the HCC,

What is the word on Homestead? I can see the results in Ft. Wayne and Evansville, but can anyone give an objective report on how teams look in those areas?

Next weekend will be a great tournament in Zionsville with some great matchups between in state teams and against some really good out of state teams.

Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 am

A look at the ISCA rankings for this week and a preview of the week to come for Girls 2A soccer.

1.Carmel up to this point is 5-0 and each team it has played was in the top 10 at the time of their game so they deserve to be there. They had a tough game against Zionsville (9 ) last weekend and followed that up with a win against Dwenger (8 ). Carmel will play Warren Central (19) who have moved into the top 20 this week.
2.Evansville Memorial are also at 5-0 but have not played a ranked 2A team yet. A good indicator for them will be this weekend as they play Avon, Brebeuf, and Zionsville.
3.F.W. Carroll is currently at 3-0 but again have not had a ranked 2A opponent. They should have a comfortable week but will face a tough test when they play a double header against HSE (5) and Brebeuf (6)the following weekend.
4.Avon is at 4-1 and as I mentioned before had a rough game against Westfield (15) who have broken into the rankings for the first time this season. Avon followed that up with shutout wins against North Central and Center Grove.
5.HSE is at 3-2-1. They have had a fairly tough schedule to date dropping games against Carmel (1), and Avon (4) early on and tying Fishers (11). They have a fairly light weekend but will play Brownsburg tonight.

As for the rest, Brebeuf have moved up to 6. which is well deserved and still my pick as having a good run again this year. St. Joe, Dwenger, Zionsville and Guerin round out the top 10.

Congratulations to Fishers for making the 11 spot on a good game against HSE. And in my opinion Noblesville (2-0) should be higher than 14, and will have a chance to prove it with a tough schedule in the next few weeks.

My apologies to Evansville Memorial for calling them for Reitz last week. No slight to Reitz.

Zionsville has a tournament this weekend which will have a lot of top in State teams and a good number of very competitive out of state teams also. Games will start late Friday afternoon and are at their high school and training fields. Make sure you have cash in your pocket before you leave though as they will charge for parking and admission. It’s a big money maker for the program, but hat’s off to Coach Aguillon for assembling a very good list of teams, with what should be some very entertaining girls soccer.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Week 4 of the season and the Rankings are as below.

1. Carmel
2. HSE
3. F.W. Carroll
4. Avon
5. Evansville Memorial

Carmel won games during the week, 2-0 over Warren Central (19) and against two out of state teams at the Zionsville Tournament over the weekend. St. Ursula Academy (OH) 3-0 and Sacred Heart Academy (KY) 2-0. They also beat TH North 2-1 and lost to TH South with their JV team standing in for Varsity on Saturday. So I'm not sure what that will do to their overall ranking, but would think it stays as is. Curently they sit 10-1.

HSE (5-2-1) has righted the ship. After a few losses to start the season they are now rolling along with wins over Harrison (W. Laffayette) 9-0 and Brownsburg 3-0, but more importantly for them a 1-0 win over Zionsville (7) this week. I had questioned whether they would be competitive preseason and their first few weeks were rough but they seem to be settling down and getting the results.

F.W. Carroll is rolling along and as far as I can tell are currently undefeated. But as of yet they have not really had much competition. This weekend they have a double header against HSE and Brebeuf (9) so after the weekend we should get a indication as to whether they are deserving of a number 3 spot. Can anyone post their score against Snider?

Avon seem to be all over the map at 6-3-1. After an impressive win against Memorial 2-1 at Zionsville they then dropped a game against St. Ursula 4-1 and tied Brebeuf 1-1. Then this week they lost to Fishers (12) 2-0. They obviously have some things to work out before they play Zionsville (7) and noblesville (11)in a couple of weeks.

Evansville Memorial at 6-2 had a tough weekend. After having a fairly easy start to the season they went 1-2 at the Zionsville Tournament loosing to both Avon and Zionsville 2-1, but beating Brebeuf 3-0. They should get back on track this week as they return home to play but the lack of consistent good competition might hinder them when tourney time comes around.

Of the rest Noblesville (11)I think will move up the field, but still have a string of tough games in the HCC and Carmel in the coming weeks. Pike looks like a bit of a surprise at 6-1-1, and Homestead (15) who defeated Pike this past week is undefeated at 10-0.
Back to top Go down
Dfuller
Admin
Dfuller

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:57 am

Well, midway point of the season, the three teams I have seen do the best in my area of the state is Vincennes Lincoln at 10-0. The Alices this season have a big blowout win over Sectional 29 champion Terre Haute South. Also, Lincoln shutout Washington in Washington, Defeated a decent Plainfield team to win their division of the Hoosier Cup.

The second best team I have seen would be Boonville. The way things look, September 26 will be a big day in the Big Eight Conference as Vincennes Lincoln and Boonville will play for what looks to be a Big Eight Conference Championship. Vincennes Lincoln's Head Coach graduated high school from Boonville.

At Hoosier Cup, I got to see several teams in action, but Plainfiled is who I feel showed they are the third best on my list. Plainfield has some impressive wins to start the season, and they like every team on this list have also played Vincennes Lincoln. Lincoln won 3-0, but Plainfield played well. Watch for Plainfield around the Indy area.

My sleeper is the Jasper Wildcats. Jasper hosted this Lincoln Team on September 4th and it went to the wire. A late goal with 2 minutes left was the difference. Jasper is a team that will give you a run for your money, making them a sleeper. Jasper however has to compete with Jeffersonville, New Albany, Floyd Central and Corydon Central.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:25 pm

A look at the ISCA rankings for week 5 and a preview of the week to come for Girls 2A soccer.

1. Carmel remains. Other than the fact that their JV team dropped a game to TH South last week while stepping in for the Varsity, They are the only team of note that has not lost a game this season. This past week they Played Noblesville (11) to a tie, although I heard Noblesville where holding on for dear life, and comfortably beat North Central 3-0. Carmel’s problem seems to be scoring though and although they seem to create a lot of opportunities they sometimes struggle to get the ball over the line. This week they have Lawrence North and then Cathedral. Although Cathedral is a shadow of what they were a few years back it may still be a tough game for Carmel
2. HSE is in full stride and after getting two good results against Zionsville (6) and Fort Wayne Carroll (7) they have demolished unranked foes Lawrence North and Lafayette Jeff. This past week. Coming up they have two more unranked teams this week but will be tested the last games by Westfield and Noblesville.
3. St. Joseph dispatched both Valpo. (20) and SB Adams with shutouts this past week, but will face Dwenger (8 ) and Guerin (13) this weekend. Other than Valpo they have not face a ranked team except for Carmel very early in the season, so this weeks schedule will be a good test for them.
4. Evansville Memorial has lost to Avon and Zionsville (6) but has beaten Brebeuf. They will also play Guerin (13) and Dwenger ( 8 ) this coming weekend. I would expect that to be a good group of games up at Dwenger High school this Saturday and whoever comes out on top to be the highest ranked team after the weekend.
5. Avon is starting to struggle a little as they have posted 1 goal victories over both Brownsburg and Ben Davis this past week, which between them are 1-19 and have suffered some debilitating losses this season. I know Avon missed a couple of players to concussions this past week but if they keep picking up knocks with their seemingly thin bench may hit the wall come playoffs. And with Zionsville (6) and Noblesville (11) coming up this week may find themselves down the rankings next week.

As for the rest, Zionsville moved up to 6 but got spanked by Westfield (15) 3-0 this week. So for Zionsville the Avon game on Monday will be crucial unless they want to suffer the same fate as the past couple of years. Which is to come out of the gate fast but fade into the pack in the last few furlongs.

Carroll just doesn’t have a consistent strong group of games so this coming week will be absolutely pivotal for them. They need good results against Evansville Memorial (4) and St. Joes (3) and if so should rightly overtake each of them in the rankings. If not and they play them tough they could hold a top ten spot, but if they loose badly could slide way back down. I personally was surprised to seem them as high as they were to start the year, so let’s see if they deserve those early props.

Dwenger is not so dependent on a great weekend but if they win both games should move into the top 5 comfortably. If not I would expect them to hold their position.

Brebeuf has just not panned out as I thought they would this season. I really though they would be pushing the top 5, but unfortunately for them teams have figured out their strengths and until they figure out how to play better team ball, as they did last year, they may continue to slide. They are however a young team so would anticipate them being strong for a few years to come.

Columbus East is the surprise for this week at no. 10. Other than a tie at Columbus North, who I picked for a stronger team (before finding out their top player, and probably a top three in the State, was out for the season) this season they have played nobody other than Mooresville, who have also had a very easy schedule. I personally don’t see Columbus East being no. 10, but also admit I’ve not seen them play.

And kudos to Westfield on impressive wins over Hamilton Heights (not so much) and Zionsville. I would think they’ll move up the ladder but may have their bubble burst this coming week and a half as they play Brebeuf, HSE, and then the week after, Carmel. But good luck to them.

That’s it for this week. A good round robin up at Fort Wayne this weekend. And if any one has first hand knowledge of any of the teams not from Central Indiana I’d love your feedback.

At this rate it looks like it may well be a battle of last year’s finalists again. And personally I’d like to see any game of the top two at Carroll Stadium at IUPUI on their new turf field. Although I’m not a big fan of artificial turf anything has to be better than the bumpy, lumpy, and painful to watch games that they have been hosting at Kuntz.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:25 pm

A look at the ISCA rankings for week 6 and a preview of the week to come for Girls 2A soccer.

1. Carmel. Wins over Lawrence North (7-0) and Cathedral (2-0) keep Carmel on top. With Westfield (13) wanting to play spoiler on Monday night Carmel with have to be on their game. So far Carmel has allowed a single goal and their defense looks very stout. For the final week they have Westfield and then Center Grove to wrap up the MIC for a record number of years.

2. HSE. Keep a firm grip on the second spot with wins over McCutcheon (2-0) and Westfield (3-2). I would have liked to have seen that game. Any reports. HSE has come back very strong from their start and look to be moving in the right direction. They will have a game on Wednesday against Noblesville ( 8 ) which should be a great game and good preparation for the playoffs and could be the decider for the HCC, other than Fishers, who although are only ranked 18 could prove spoiler if they can get past Zionsville.

3. St. Joseph. This week St. Joe’s had two very good results against FW Dwenger (3-0) and Guerin (3-1), who are ranked 10 and 14 respectively. St. Joe’s now has a light run in other than they are packing a lot of games , five, into the last ten days finishing up at Crown Point (20). Looks like St. Joe has wrapped up the NI conference.

4. Avon. Better than a descent week for Avon. They tied Zionsville (1-1) and beat Noblesville (1-0) and I doubt they will find any better competition in playoffs so great prep. For post season. Would love to know how those games went and other than not a lot of goals I’m sure they were great games to watch. Any reports.

5. F.W. Carroll. Lost to Homestead (16) by a score of 4-3 this week. Next week they have Northridge (15). If they loose that game and stay in the top 10 I would be extremely surprised.

6. Ev. Memorial. Last weekend Memorial split their games with FW Dwenger loosing 2-1 and beating Guerin (14) 3-1. Inconsistency could be Memorials downfall, although going into playoffs they’ll have their typically good run over some weaker competition. They will have a tough last game against Sacred Heart (KY).

7. Zionsville. Zionsville can always play spoiler but up to this point in the season have not been able to beat good competition. They only managed to tie both Cathedral 0-0 and Avon. Maybe they are playing sleeper waiting to knock off a good team in playoffs. They’re going to have to in order to advance out of sectionals.

8. Noblesville. They beat McCutcheon 2-0 and dropped a game to Avon 1-0. They, like Zionsville are a tough match up for anyone but can’t win the tough games. Their defense has done well but their offense doesn’t seem to be able to score. They finish at HSE this coming week. Another great game to watch.

9. Columbus East has run the last six games through September with 44 GF and 0 GA and is 13-0-1. but they have not faced one ranked team this season. It will be interesting to see how they fare against Center Grove this week that is at no. 17.

10. F.W. Dwenger also split games last weekend, winning against Memorial 2-1 and dropping the game against St. Joe 3-0. They will have two tough games on the run in against Snider and Homestead.

Can anyone give a run down of the HCC. It looks like its HSE, Noblesville or Fishers based on what I see.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Quite a few are checking it out unless you just keep logging on over 2,000 times. It's pretty evident that most don't care much about it. That's okay because I still enjoy writing it and will continue to do so until the season ends.

It would be nice to get others opinions though.

Do you have any other positive input?
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm

A look at the ISCA rankings for week 7 and a preview of the playoffs to come for Girls 2A soccer.

1. Carmel. With dominant wins over Westfield (10) 5-1 and Center Grove (15) 5-0 Carmel is full throttle going into playoffs this coming week. With the win against CG, Carmel has won the MIC. A rematch against Westfield is their first game at the Carmel sectional. Other teams in this sectional include Zionsville (11) and Guerin (16) and Lebanon. Almost half of their goals have been scored by freshmen, and they have allowed 2 goals this season. Although they have a tough sectional and regional Carmel have to be odds on favorites to make it out of their sectional.

2. HSE. A thrashing of Greenfield 7-0 A good win over Noblesville (9) 1-0 put HSE deservedly at no. 2. With the win they lock up the HCC conference which is easily the toughest conference in the state with the six top teams all ranked in the top 11 in the state. Their first sectional game is against Fishers ( 8 ), who they tied earlier in the season. I favor HSE. Included in their sectional is Noblesville, Pendleton Heights, and Anderson. Although I favor HSE, Fishers or Noblesville could stop them.

3. Avon. Finish off going into sectionals with wins over Guerin (16) 2-0, Plainfield and Lafayette Jeff by a combined 9-0 May not be the best prep for post season but having not given up a goal in the last four games should have them pretty confident and I would think they are a shoo in to make it out of their sectional. Playing in the HCC is tough so going into post season should be an easy chore for Avon as they face no ranked team in playing with Mooresville, Plainfield, Brownsburg, and Danville.

4. Ev. Memorial. Two comfortable games against Gibson Southern and Ev. Harrison by a combined score of 8-0 this past week. Memorial has a good matchup in preparation for Sectionals with Sacred Heart out of Kentucky (6). Again a relatively easy sectional with no competition against ranked teams should see Memorial into regionals. Competition includes Bosse, Mt. Vernon, Reitz, and Harrison.

5. St. Joseph. They have cruised past Culver Academy and SB Washington Clay by a combined score of 14-0. Still to come is SB Washington and Crown Point (19) before sectionals but a soft sectional awaits St. Joe, as they face Michigan City, and then take on either SB Washington or LaPorte.

Of the rest, Homestead should make it out of their sectional, FW Carroll has a tough sectional to get out of with Dwenger and Snider in the group, if they get past Dwenger I giver them the nod. Fishers have to get past Noblesville and HSE, Noblesville similar to Fishers. I expect HSE to come out of their but you never know. Westfield has a tough first match against Carmel and if they do get by them they’ll probably face Zionsville or Guerin. Zionsville will easily get by Lebanon then have to play Guerin, then Carmel or Westfield. FW Dwenger has Carroll, and if they can get past them should be facing Snider for the sectional. Brebeuf should end up coming out of their sectional but may be playing Pike, who has had a descent season Columbus East Should get out of their sectional with the toughest competition coming from Columbus North, they tied earlier in the season but I give East the nod. Center Grove will make it out of their sectional. Guerin has a tough path and if they get out of their sectional against Carmel, Westfield, and Zionsville would be a shock. Northridge may have trouble with Goshen or Concord so whoever comes out of that sectional is a toss up. Ev. North may have a tough time with Castle out of their sectional but should go through. Crown Point should go through. Warren Central should cruise through their sectional.

Generally I would say the coaches do a good job of ranking the teams. So congrats.

My pick is still the same final as last season with the same outcome. But a Fort Wayne, South Bend or Evansville team could make it through if Carmel or HSE get knocked off. After the first five teams there is a bit of a drop off, but realistically there could well be some upsets in the making.

Anyone have an opinion or think a particular upset is in the making?
Back to top Go down
Dfuller
Admin
Dfuller

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Watch for Vincennes Lincoln. Below is a list of reasons why:

- 17-0 going into the tournament
- Defeated Washington, Boonville, Evansville North, Terre Haute South, Plainfield, Heritage Christian just to name a few
- Erick Ramirez has set a new state record for most goals in a season and currently leads the nation in goals scored according to ESPN
- Kyle Richardville set a new assists record
- Andrew Becher, the backup goalie is just as good as Cameron Sandy. Sandy's GAA is going into sectional is a .69 while Becher's is a 1.1
- Lincoln has scored 137 goals, leading the state. Frankfort is 2nd according to Varvee.

Lincoln's resume is strong. Central Indiana has some great teams too, but don't discount Lincoln. I am not writing this because I am a Lincoln grad. I have been out to watch several games and have not seen a team that has played to Lincoln's level of play yet.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Dustin,

How far do you think they'll go. Looking at the numbers they could and probably should win sectionals, but I cant' see them advancing from regionals. From what you've listed they have not faced a ranked team yet, and ISCA coacheds poll has them as an Honorable Mention. Ramirez may be scoring goals against unranked teams but when they play a formidable team will his teammates be able to get him the ball? And will their defense be able to stop the opposition?

Back to top Go down
Dfuller
Admin
Dfuller

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 am

At the time, Washington was ranked. Of their potential regional opponents, they have seen all but Evansville Memorial at 31. It will be interesting. We will see how far it goes.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 pm

After Sectionals some upsets in the making proved correct. So here is a rundown of the week.

1. Carmel. Lost to Zionsville 2-0 in the sectional final. This is an upset certainly based on the seasons to date. Zionsville has played well below their potential this season but as Iv’e mentioned before can be a spoiler and proved it. If they can stay consistent I think they have the best shot of getting out of their regional with Brebuef, Cathedral and Brownsburg, although my second pick out of this regional would be Brebeuf if they can put it together. Nice note for Phil Slavens to get a sectional title his last year, but the end of the road is now here.

2. HSE. Defeated Noblesville 3-1 in their sectional final. They now have a pretty clear path through regionals facing Yorktown, McCutcheon and Kokomo. A huge upset if they don’t make it through.

3. Avon. Lost to Brownsburg 1-0 in sectional final. Ouch.

4. Ev. Memorial. Cruised through their sectional and by all accounts should also do so through their regional with New Albany, Terre Haute North, and Castle, who may give them a game in the regional final.

5. St. Joseph. Made it through fairly comfortably. Certainly would be the favorites in not facing a ranked team in regionals in playing Concord, Warsaw, and Penn.

Of the rest, Homestead and Dwenger will be a tough match in their regional final. You could toss a coin, but I would favor Dwenger even though they aren’t ranked as high as Homestead.
FW Carroll Lost to Dwenger.
Fishers Lost to HSE.
Noblesville similar to Fishers.
Westfield lost to Carmel.
Zionsville beat Carmel. Read above.
FW Dwenger beat Norwell in their sectional final. Read above.
Brebeuf beat Pike and I think will play Zionsville for their regional.
Columbus East lost to Columbus North. Had I known that Norths most dominant midfielder would be back I would have picked them. How fit and how much she can contribute could see them win their regional (see my comment from the beginning of the season I had them going a long way).
Center Grove did make it out of their sectional. Warren Central should play them in the regional final but I pick Greenfield Central to play spoiler so let’s see.
Guerin lost to Zionsville.
Northridge lost to Concord but St. Joe will be too tough for Concord.
Ev. North did have a tough time with Castle who will I think move on to Play Memorial but that’s as far as they go.
Crown Point beat Merrilsville in their sectional final and I think should get past Munster, but I pick Valparaiso to be spoiler in that bracket.
Warren won their sectional, but as I mentioned before, I pick Greenfield Central to be spoiler in that regional.

The top five teams left are HSE, St. Joe, Ev. Memorial, FW Homestead and Zionsville. My pick now is HSE vs Ev. Memorial, but don’t count out St. Joe.
Back to top Go down
Footieball

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:59 am

Regional’s are done and moving on to semi-state for girls 2A soccer.

So why are the top four teams pitted against each other in the first game of the quarterfinals. IHSAA is doing a woefully inadequate job, in my opinion, in regards to making it a tournament that rewards the top programs, and while it is plenty exciting for the teams remaining it is not a true indication of the best teams from the state competing for the last spots. They have had success in getting representation from each part of the state with three teams from the North, three from Central and two from South, although Bloomington could go either way. I guess if IHSAA wants to get some Cinderella teams through they have succeeded, but at the cost of making the tournament loose a lot of credibility.

The teams left all have winning seasons which is not a surprise, but the path that they have had to travel are completely different. It would be akin to sending runners off on a marathon race but have one run a flat course and the other run hills. How can that be right. But the excuse that IHSAA allows teams to not travel a lot in the early stages and create local rivalry’s make for more exciting soccer will continue to prevail until coaches and school administrators throw up their arms in unison, and that won’t happen, because as long as the less accomplished programs have an opportunity to be a sectional, regional, or semi-state champ why deprive them of that. Of course no one will look at rankings or records when they review the results in two years.

So let’s review the upcoming games.

Brebeuf (12) v Evansville Memorial (5)
Warren Central (20) v Bloomington North (NR)
HSE (2) v SB St. Joe (4)
FW Dwenger (16) v Crown Point (19)

Evansville Memorial ( 18-3) gets to stay home for the semi state against Brebeuf (10-7-3), and although Brebeuf has had a good run as of late I’m not sure they will be able to get past Memorial, but I won’t count them out. Brebeuf’s last two games they have given up 6 goals against Zionsville and Brownsburg. Evansville have allowed 8 all season. So it’s up to whether Brebeuf can score a lot as they might need to or whether Memorial can keep them out which may well be the case. Memorial won the game during the season 3-0. I picked Brebeuf to be good this year, and I believe this is as good as they’ve done and I don’t think have ever gone this far. The tough matches they’ve had to play more recently might prepare them well, and with another goal scoring threat coming back to play after an extended period off. I’m going with Brebeuf 3-2.

Warren Central (14-6-1) beat Center Grove 2-1 in their regional final registering 2 shots, with I assume both being goals, and allowing 15. Hat’s off to the team for a fantastic scoring percentage, but in looking at their games against Ranked teams and they played 4 throughout the season they registered 10 shots and gave up 68 went 1-3. You can say they only played 4 ranked teams so maybe they were in a weak conference. Same conference as Carmel and they played 12 ranked teams during their season. Bloomington North (15-5-2) beat East Central 4-2 in their regional final and played only 1 ranked team all season and gave up 28 shots to that team. I can’t give much more info than that as I used Varvee, and BN don’t keep very good records, but their opposition did. Of those two teams though I take Warren Central 2-0 as they have had a tougher schedule having gotten this far.

HSE (19-2-1)and St. Joes (19-2) should be a good match. The two highest ranked teams left meeting each other in the quarterfinal. Why? And does St. Joe really deserve that ranking. HSE has gone 9-2 playing ranked teams this season and after dropping the first two games of the season to Avon and Carmel are unbeaten. St. Joe has had arguably a much easier season facing only 4 ranked teams and going 3-1. I pick HSE to win and I doubt it will be a high scoring affair. 1-0.

Fort Wayne Dwenger (15-4) take on Crown Point (18-3). Dwenger have not faced a lot of ranked teams but did beat Memorial earlier in the season. Crown point have an impressive record but have faced 3 ranked teams this season loosing all three by a combined score of 3 goals for and 15 goals against. Again, a team that has made it through after playing a weak slate of teams. I give the win to Dwenger 4-1.

There is no doubt the games this weekend will be exciting. But it really does not have a strong group of teams to compare and there is glaring disparity in the competition they have played and the results they have had against ranked teams.

So for semi-state finals it’s

Brebeuf-Warren Central with Brebeuf winning 3-0.
HSE vs Dwenger with HSE winning 2-1.
Back to top Go down
coach355

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:53 am

Does any one ever view this website any more?

I know there were some scrimmages last week in Fort Wayne and then more this past weekend at Pike.  Should be an interesting year in boys soccer - typical teams that are always good - look to be good again.  
I do not know a lot about Columbus North - think they graduated a bunch of players.  I know FW Canterbury will be tough again (think they have a shot to win the 2a this year), (Carmel, Brownsburg, Avon, Pike, Evansville Mem, Warsaw).  In 1A would have to be Guerin, Indpls Cov Christian, or FW Luers.

Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Who do you think will win? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you think will win?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoccerIN Forum :: SoccerIN Forum :: SoccerIN Forum-
Jump to: